**For those of you doing the challenge, I updated the little reading chart, so if you would like a copy, email me amanda.freestone@hotmail.com and I can send you a copy!!
So I found this while I was blog stalking and decided to do it. I am sure many of you have participated...(Me being the slacker I am have NOT yet) But do it again! WITH ME!! This is from Modern Molly Mormon:
For those of us who were members then, we can recall in 2005 when President Gordon B. Hinckley gave the challenge to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. Since his passing in January earlier this year, there has been a large number of members participating in "The Hinckley Challenge".
Read the Book of Mormon in 97 days to celebrate the 97 years our beloved Gordon B. Hinckley spent as a true servant of God. Since it's beginning, www.hinckleychallenge.com has had over 30,000 members take the challenge, and has gone through the challenge three times! TODAY, another challenge begins and Modern Molly Mormon is joining in!
I encourage everyone to go to www.hinckleychallenge.com where you can sign up and record your progress daily. Come back here and talk about what you're learning and reading, and share with us your testimonies. Since the Challenge begins on a Wednesday, every Wednesday I will post a topic regarding the challenge where we can all discuss. It's only a little over 5 pages a day . . . that NOTHING for those of you who've been reading the Twilight saga!
"Hand in hand with the Bible, whose companion volume it is, it stands as another witness to a doubting generation that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God. It is an unassailable cornerstone of our faith." - Gordon B. Hinckley "Four Corner Stones of Faith" Liahona, Feb 2004)
Tumble Weeds......
11 years ago


3 comments:
I'm so glad you put this up, I put a little thing on my blog too so hopefully more people will find out about it. I had no idea but I wanna try to do it so thanks!
I read my pages this morning too and I seriously had the best day. I even went to the gym which I NEVER have the will power to do alone. Not that gym motivation is the only reason to read scriptures, but it really did put me in the best mood.
Hey Amanda I just found your blog. I am definitely going to do the Book of Mormon challenge. Thanks for posting it on your blog. Your family is so cute. Congrats on the next baby. How far along are you?
Post a Comment